Aggie Enterprise Data Conversion
As we move forward through the final sprint of the Build phase, work streams continue their review of user stories, partnering with stakeholders to validate system configuration.
To support these efforts and prepare for testing, functional leads and the Data Conversion team are engaged in iterative data conversion exercises to ensure that information extracted from legacy systems loads and converts into Oracle correctly.
Aggie Enterprise build timeline
Data conversion from legacy systems
During design workshops, project work streams and SMEs, or Subject Matter Experts, evaluated which data objects need to be converted into Oracle. Data needs will continue to be evaluated during build and throughout testing, and additional data conversion efforts will take place leading up to go-live.
We anticipate that all data identified for conversion will be available in Oracle at go-live, with the exception of the GL balances from the 2023 year-end close carryforward. To allow time for the completion of fiscal close, this data will be converted after go-live, so there will be a short time frame when there will be deficits.
The following initial set of data objects were identified for conversion from retiring source systems to the Oracle system:
- FY24 Financial Plan
From Kuali Financial System (KFS):
- GL balances from the 2023 year-end close carry-forward
- Open Accounts Receivable invoices, including paid amounts
- Active Accounts Receivable Customers
- Open Purchase Orders
- Open Supplier Agreements
- Master Supplier data
- Active Credit Memos
- Fixed Assets, including depreciation data for active assets (additional conversion of locations from FacilitiesLink)
- All fabrication assets
- Data for Awards and Capital projects, including:
- Awards and Contracts
- Principal Investigator(s) listed on awards
- Project cost (additional conversion from DCM’s Prism and e-builder systems)
- Project budgets
- Project Tasks
- Awards Event creation
From Jaegger (AggieBuy):
- Full inventory
- Inventory item values
- Locations, including delivery, billing, shipping, receipt, and storage addresses
Additionally, employee information is required for various functions in Oracle, and will need to be converted; however, UCPath will remain the system of record for employee data.
Transactions from KFS will NOT be converted into Oracle Cloud Financials. Historical data will be available, but the scope of that data, and the system for storing it is still under review.