By utilizing resources from the Budget Office, Institutional Analysis, and Business Intelligence, we are able to provide policy analysis on a wide range of issues, including enrollment, instructional workload, faculty positions and other institutional policies.
Together, BIA achieves the following:
- Provides accurate and meaningful information about budget, enrollment, faculty positions and instructional workload in support of various resource decisions. Reports these data elements to meet campus, UC, State and ad-hoc needs.
- Manages various annual resource allocations for the campus and the Office of the President.
- Serves as lead analytical support for campus rate process.
- Develops policies, procedures, and information systems that enable units to efficiently and effectively manage operating budget, instruction and faculty resources.
- Provides staff development opportunities for departmental resource managers.