Cost Share Tracking System (CSTS)
Cost Share Tracking System
The Cost Share Tracking System is a web-based system that captures cost share transactions on awards with committed cost sharing.
It is strictly a tracking system, not a financial system. Transactions processed in the Cost Share Tracking System do not affect data on the General Ledger (GL).
Why is it necessary?
- Ensures UCD is in compliance with federal guidance
- Provides monitoring tools for cost share reporting
- Provides necessary accounting information for Facilities and Administration (F&A) rate proposal development
Benefits of the Cost Share Tracking System
- Facilitates capturing committed cost sharing
- Reduces paperwork
- Prevents accidental duplication of transactions by automatically flagging those transactions that have been used for cost sharing
- Automatically generates the Cost Share Contribution Report
- Provide necessary accounting information for Facilities and Administration (F&A) rate proposal development
Accessing the Cost Share Tracking System
Access is restricted to the principal investigator(s), fiscal officer, account delegate(s), and account associate assigned to the account/UC Fund for which cost sharing is to take place.
- Accessible with UCD campus login ID and Kerberos password.
- Located in the FIS Web Applications sub-menu of FIS Decision Support.
Before the system can be used for your specific UC Fund, Contracts & Grants Accounting (CGA) sets up the UC Fund for the executed agreement in the Kuali Financial System (KFS). In addition, CGA sets the Cost Share indicator to Y on the UC Fund table to create the initial entry in the Cost Share Tracking system. An automated e-mail is sent to the fiscal officer and principal investigator assigned to the specific UC Fund when cost sharing has been established.