Change Management is the discipline that guides how we prepare, equip and support individuals to successfully adopt change in order to drive organizational success and outcomes.
What is the Value?
Change Management is necessary whenever a project’s results and outcomes are dependent on individuals adopting and using a solution.
Including Change Management in your business transformation initiatives:
- Increases probability of project success – 6x more likely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Enables the project stakeholders to advance from current to future state with minimal productivity loss, employee dissatisfaction, and resistance.
- Addresses the human factors that can impact your return on investment – the speed of adoption, ultimate utilization and proficiency.
- Builds change competency into the organization.
Consultation: OBT’s change professionals utilize Prosci® research, along with years of real-world experience, to help organizations move process and system changes forward effectively. OBT supports sponsors and project teams in achieving change objectives by partnering to:
- Share best practices for managing change.
- Develop strategic recommendations, including timelines and potential action steps around communication, sponsorship, training, coaching, and managing resistance.
- Empower teams for successful implementation.
Implementation and Integration: Are you looking for something more than consultation? Consider bringing an OBT change professional into your project team. An embedded change manager can help draft communications, serve as a resource to keep sponsors on track, and integrate change management activities into your process improvement project plan.
Change Learning and Development: UC Davis change professionals offer facilitation and training throughout the year, as well as by request. Learn more by visiting Organizational Excellence or our Facilitation and Training page for more information.