Members of the Budget Framework Advisory Committee were appointed to provide advice and recommendations with respect to campus budget issues.
Members of the advisory committee provide ideas, critique and feedback on on budget issues and approaches with a primary focus on what is best for the university.
- Charge Letter to the Budget Framework Advisory Committee
November 22, 2022 - Read the committee charge letter from Provost Croughan.
Mary S. Croughan, Committee Lead
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Associate Vice Chancellor, Budget and Institutional Analysis
Executive Assistant Dean, College of Letters and Science
Vice Chancellor, Finance, Operations and Administration
Interim Assistant Executive Vice Chancellor, Office of the Provost
Professor and Chair, School of Education and Senate Committee on Planning and Budget
Director of Finance, UC Davis Health
Dean, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
Chief Operating Officer and Treasurer, Development and Alumni Relations, UC Davis Foundation
Helene Dillard Dean
College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
The Budget Framework Advisory Committee has assisted in development of the following core principles:
- Our commitment to students' success and experience will not be compromised.
- The good of the university as a whole drives the discussion of resource allocation adjustments.
- Administration and faculty have shared responsibility and accountability to support responsible financial management.
Throughout this process, we will hold firm to our principles and primary mission by:
- Continuing to make progress on the strategic plan goals identified in “To Boldly Go.”
- Continuing to invest in infrastructure needs.
- Leveraging and diversifying our activities appropriately across all fund sources and strategically growing fund sources to support our mission and goals.
- Enabling all employees to work smarter and direct their effort toward the most benefit for the university.
- Using benchmarks and data in decision-making.
- Weighing long-term risks and return on investments.