A new system is necessary to help align our resources to support the university mission when it comes to financial, planning and business operations.
UC Davis must address the increasingly difficult challenges of maintaining multiple systems and invest in the infrastructure to support a modern business environment.
- Modernizing our business infrastructure: A new system is essential to ensuring that the campus business systems and infrastructure can adequately support UC Davis’ growth and mission as one of the top research universities in the world. By replacing outdated, inefficient systems with new, flexible technology, we are proactively preparing for a modern business environment at UC Davis.
- Adopting best practices: The enterprise systems that support UC Davis were developed decades ago. Custom development and workarounds have kept systems running, but this approach is neither scalable nor sustainable. We must evolve in order to meet our strategic goal of having common solutions based on best practices in financial, planning and business operations.
- Maximizing our resources: Each department and function at UC Davis is increasingly asked to meet the needs of a growing customer base with a limited expansion of resources.
- Increasing our responsiveness: The result of adopting modern, cloud-based systems means that we can be much quicker, agile and responsive in adapting to change.
Implementation of a new system is essential to ensuring that the campus business systems and infrastructure can adequately support UC Davis’ growth and mission as one of the top research universities.
Success is measurable. The successful implementation of Aggie Enterprise will empower UC Davis to meet the challenges of 21st century higher education and continue to advance the academic mission of the university.
- Strategic: The new system will allow UC Davis to support strategic decision-making by ensuring the quality of data and empowering the administration to aggregate information in new and powerful ways.
- Efficient: Implementing Oracle Financials Cloud will help UC Davis improve productivity through streamlined business processes. By applying Lean principles to process redesign, it will allow users to spend less time on non-mission critical tasks and more time looking to the future.
- Scalable: As UC Davis continues to expand and explore new opportunities, it will be supported by a scalable system environment that grows with the university.
- High quality: The new system will ensure that a high quality of data guides current and future endeavors, facilitating well-informed, data-driven decisions.