- What do I do if there is a problem with my Direct Deposit?
If you have a problem with your Direct Deposit, such as not receiving it or having it go to the wrong account, contact the following as appropriate for the payment:
- How do I know when my payment has been deposited?
You will be notified of a deposit as follows:
- Employee Payroll Payments - Check your statements online at AYSO
- Expense Reimbursements - You will be notified by e-mail
- Student Financial Aid Payments - You will be notified by e-mail
- When do I have access to the money?
Typically, your payment is available the day it is deposited. Contact your banking institution for confirmation.
- How can I reduce the number of attachments that are sent with a vendor payment? How can I ensure that a vendor knows what a payment is for?
Some users request that attachments be sent with a vendor payment in order to ensure that a vendor knows what the payment is for. Attachments slow the payment process, and in many cases are not required by the vendor. If you want to be sure that a payment is posted for the correct reason, use the Payment Purpose Text field on your AP document. This field holds 120 characters, but the first 40 characters appear on the printed check to the vendor! Common uses for this field include a membership number or name, a registration ID number, a conference name or venue, or a utility account number; basically any reason why the payment is being made.
There may be times when you are paying for something that does not have an invoice number associated with it. In those cases, you can include the payment purpose information in the Invoice Num field. If paying a utility bill without an invoice number, enter the utility account number in the Invoice Num field. The contents of this field also appear on the printed check to the vendor, but this field only holds 15 characters.
- If I sign up for Direct Deposit, how can I be sure that no one will have access to my account?
Only authorized UC Davis staff have access to post activity to your account.
- Can I divide a payment among different accounts if I use Direct Deposit?
No. You can only indicate one account for your payment. Your banking institution may be able to assist you with their automatic transfer services
- How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
Visit https://afsapps.ucdavis.edu/direct-deposit/ to proceed with Direct Deposit enrollment of Employee Reimbursements or Student Refunds. A UCD LoginID and Kerberos passphrase are required. See the instructions on the Payroll website to proceed with Direct Deposit enrollment of Employee Payroll Earnings.
- When is the Direct Deposit Web site available?
The Web site is up as much as possible, but there are periods where the underlying databases must be taken down for routine Maintenance. For this, we reserve 7-7:15 p.m. each day and midnight to 6 a.m. on Sundays. Additionally, enrollment or cancellation of student services may be down from midnight to 9 a.m. on Saturdays.
- How do I change my bank account information?
- How do I cancel my enrollment in Direct Deposit?
Visit https://afsapps.ucdavis.edu/direct-deposit/and select the Cancel Enrollment tab. A UCD LoginID and kerberos password are required. For student access a Student ID is also required. See the instructionson the Payroll website to proceed with Direct Deposit cancelation of Employee Payroll Earnings.
- How long do Direct Deposit enrollments remain active
Student Refund enrollments expire 365 days after the last account activity. Employee reimbursements expire after 720 days.
- How long does it take after enrollment for direct deposit to become active
Activation for Direct Deposit for non-payroll payments can take as little as 3 business days. Direct deposit of Payroll Earnings (at AYSO) will take approximately 3-4 weeks to be active. Follow up with your department payroll coordinator 2-3 weeks AFTER enrolling online to confirm your enrollment and receive an activation date.
- Where can I find direct deposit transaction and modification history?
Transaction History page displays history of transactions and modifications after 02/18/2014 (the KFS Phase 3 Go-Live date), and only contains non-payroll reimbursements or refunds via direct deposit, not disbursement paid by checks. To view history prior to 02/18/2014:
- Employees: contact your department.
- Students: check your account at MyBill