Rental Cars

Rental Cars

Use AggieTravel to reserve Rental Cars.

A vehicle may be rented when it would be more advantageous to the University than other means of commercial transportation. The traveler is responsible for obtaining the best available rate commensurate with the requirements of the trip.

For a list of Rental Car agencies with whom the University of California currently has agreements, click here: Rental Car Agreements.

UC has worldwide full-value primary Auto Rental Insurance that covers collision, theft, vandalism, appraisal fees, and loss of use when the rental car is paid for with the Travel card. There is no additional charge for this coverage.


  • Use rental agencies with which the university has system-wide contracts that include insurance coverage. In such cases, charges for additional insurance are not allowable, including any charge for collision damage waiver (CDW), on cars rented in the COntinental United States (CONUS).
    • Find all UC system-wide contracted agencies in AggieTravel!
  • Use your Travel card for rental cars used in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. possessions (OCONUS) and foreign countries because insurance is included. If you do not have a Travel card, you may claim reimbursement for insurance costs on OCONUS and foreign rental cars. 
  • Request a compact, economy, or intermediate model unless a no-cost upgrade is offered. Use of a higher cost model requires exceptional approval.

Back to Travel home page

Supplemental content

Travel & Entertainment Menu