For a list of Hotels with which the University of California currently has agreements, click here UC Hotel Agreements. The Campus has hotel agreements with local hotels in the Riverside area, which are listed at on the same page.


  • Book your hotel reservations as far in advance as possible to ensure that a room is available and at the best rate.
  • Ask about weekly rates or weekend specials, as appropriate. The university has a policy of paying additional expenses associated with travel extended to save costs, e.g., a Saturday night stay for domestic travel may be reimbursed when the resulting airfare savings are sufficient to offset all other expenses incurred for the extended stay.
  • Consider the hotel's location and whether it has a shuttle service, either of which could save taxi costs or perhaps eliminate the need for a rental car. Forgoing a rental car would also save on parking fees and gas.
  • In the absence of UC hotel agreements, shop AggieTravel to compare hotels' rates for the best deals. When comparing rates, look at the whole package.
  • Some California cities grant an exemption from the payment of transient occupancy taxes to university travelers on official university business. For example, the cities of Los Angeles, Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Irvine, Newport Beach, Del Mar, Riverside, Coronado, and Oakland provide an exemption to University travelers who pay hotel room charges directly upon completion of a Transient Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate.

Back to Travel home page

Supplemental content

Travel & Entertainment Menu