A&FS Procurement and Contracting Services
Santa Cruz Biotech License Revoked
The USDA levied heavy fines in May 2016 and revoked Santa Cruz Biotechnology’s Animal Welfare Act (AWA) license, and Santa Cruz Biotechnology has agreed to cease manufacturing animal derived products (excluding mice & rats) immediately. However, Santa Cruz Biotechnology was granted a grace period to sell their current inventory of products until they run out of product, or Jan 1st 2017.
We do not have a clear visibility to Santa Cruz Biotech’s inventory, nor information on availability. However, to support our research community, and minimize impact to your research continuity, we have the following suggestions:
- Increase the size of your normal Santa Cruz Biotech purchases to help you in two ways:
- Provide more product on hand to continue your research
- Provide more product to perform side-by-side comparison with an alternative supplier
- Contact UC’s contracted supplier, Fisher Scientific, for your Antibodies needs.
- As a distributor, Fisher has relationships with various Antibodies manufacturers to help you obtain samples.
We will keep you informed as more information becomes available from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
Fisher Scientific contact information:
- Kirstin Ferraro, Ph. (916) 295-8898, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santosh Sitaula, Ph. (650) 776-3918, email: email@example.com
Life Sciences Technical Sales contact information:
- David Covarrubias, Ph. 510-679-0881, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or comments, please contact the Strategic Sourcing Team at email@example.com .